Another VMworld is looming amongst us, coming in August in San Francisco and October in Barcelona. Currently call for papers is open until April 12th (that’s next Friday folks!) I’d like to extend an offer (similarly to what I did last year) to customers of VMware vCenter Operations to participate in a technical session on how vC Ops technology assisted in solving a particular challenging situation in your environment.
I’m keeping it easy this year, I am not requiring that you battle with your corporate marketing department for permission to use your company name in any promo, or reference activities – just work with me to hone your story and present alongside myself and another seasoned VMware presenter / technologist.
What I’m looking for:
1) A story that tells a compelling use case around vC Ops (I see a LOT of blogs and tweets out there, and there is some great stuff!) – could be around the use of a dashboard, super metric, adapters, feature (e.g. VIN) / function, etc…
2) A vC Ops Customer from both Americas (to present in SF) and EMEA (Barcelona)
3) Someone who is comfortable in presenting in front of a large audience
What do you get?
1) As an accepted speaker, you receive a free pass to VMworld!
2) Exposure to your peers and a platform to show-off your progress with VMware technology
3) An opportunity to attend additional (unadvertised) VMware functions (TBD)
Even though I am a VMware Employee, I am in the same boat as other session submitters – meaning that this call for papers proposal is NOT guaranteed to be on the VMworld session roster – VMworld general session slots are highly competitive, given high demand and limited number of slots… But I believe that working with a solid customer story weaved-in with a technical use-case and presented by both the VMware product / technical teams, alongside a customer, that we stand a good chance.
Contact me NOW!
If you are interested, or have any questions please send me an email – please reach out to this alias firstname.lastname@example.org and I will respond with my direct email.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Ben Scheerer @benscheerer